Saturday, July 4, 2009

Summer

I love the summer. I love it even more now that I am down to one full time job and no school. This is the first summer I have actually felt like I can enjoy myself and engage in fun activities. I started my bellydance lessons last week, and my teacher is fantastic. My container garden is going beautifully, the flowers are blooming. I am thrilled that I was able to find a Stargazer Lily plant so inexpensively. I love going to Farmer's Market and getting fresh fruit and veggies every week. Plus, I get to visit with Jenn, whose family has a booth there. I am going to start trying to make my own beauty products at home. I am working my way through the Joy of Cooking, using my poor brother as my guinea pig. I am a pretty damn good cook, if I do say so myself. My quiche is awesome as is my blueberry pie. I am hoping to try kayaking either this weekend or next weekend, weather permitting. Next up will be either voice lessons or cello lessons. Still trying to find a new apartment, but that will come with time. Once my brother and I get a new place, I will be erecting a nice big cat enclosure. After what happened last night, I don't want to take any more chances on any of the boys not coming home.

I can't believe my birthday is a mere week away. The girls are taking me out to my favorite restaurant and I'm sure my parents will want to celebrate in some fashion, hopefully involving some form of chocolate cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment