Sunday, March 19, 2017

It has been a very long time since I have written anything on this blog. I needed some time away to mull over things. But, the good thing about this blog is that it gives me a chance to sort through my thoughts and capture what is really important to me. Also, I think this could easily become more of a gratitude blog, where I can focus on the good in my life, rather than what is lacking or my current personal nemesis (Boomer's wicked stepmother).

In reading my last entry in 2015, I realized that it right when I was beginning my journey to hike 10 mountains that summer. I reached that goal and actually surpassed it, hiking 11 mountains that summer. The summer of 2016, between work and school, I did not get nearly as much time in the mountains as I wanted. However, this year I plan on starting back up and am considering doing another 10 mountains, different ones of course, and hopefully throwing in a few additional 4,000 footers.

As aforementioned, I want this to be a blog about gratitude and optimism. So, for today, I am grateful for many, many things. First and foremost, I am grateful to be healthy so I can go outside and snowshoe in such beautiful, sunny, warm weather. I am blessed with three sweet furry little guys who have my heart. And I am just overall very happy to have a life of my own design where I can do things like book a trip to Iceland on a whim (I leave on May 14). Today is a day very much worth living, even though I have to finish a project for class and go grocery shopping now.


No comments:

Post a Comment