Friday, May 8, 2009

The Crystal Method, House of Blues, Boston

May 6, House of Blues, Boston...The Crystal Method in concert. Amazing.

I saw them in Portland a few years ago, which was equally amazing. The best part of this though was the Meet and Greet afterward. The HOB in Boston is gorgeous and appears to be a converted warehouse. The walls are covered in fabric and it is a three story building with multiple bars and dining areas. We kept getting lost, that's how huge it was. We had a special viewing area (we got VIP tickets) and were on the third floor, looking down at the stage. Concert was fantastic, they played a combination of old and new music from all of their CD's. Afterward, the Meet and Greet, which was included in the VIP tickets along with the special viewing area was held in one of the bar areas. The MnG was half awesome, half disappointing.

I asked Ken Jordan for a picture and he was all about it. Not only did he patiently wait while my friend figured out my cell phone camera, he ran around the second floor trying to find the best light for us to take the picture in. Later, Ken's girlfriend (whose name eldues me, but then again I did have three kamikazes-drinks, not shots) came over and asked if we needed anything, like more pictures or autographs. She and Ken were both very nice and incredibly gracious. I really enjoyed meeting both of them. They seemed very fun, like they would be cool to just have a beer and chill with.

Scott Kirkland was sitting at the bar, drinking what appeared to be a martini and I asked him for a picture. He didn't even look up-he was playing with his IPhone-he just said "Nope, no pictures." So, I thought to myself, Hey, I paid an extra $30 for this, so I got mad and told my friend Scott was a douchebag. I think there is a good chance Scott may have heard me call him that, but hey, I call them like I see them. A few minutes later, I heard him giving the bartender a hard time about not having the right type of vodka or some stupid crap like that. He was extremely rude to her, and she pretty much told him off and said he had treated all of the waitstaff terribly. So, I guess my assessment of him wasn't that far off. Then again, he was completely wasted at the Meet and Greet, so maybe he is just drunk asshole (he was so blitzed, he was having a hard time finding his credit card in his wallet) and perfectly fine when he's sober.

My brother asked if they were still my favorite band after meeting them. I told him absolutely. Just because one of them was a pompous ass doesn't mean I don't like their music any less. It just means I don't like one of the band members very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment