I can't believe that Christmas is next week already. It feels like I blinked and autumn was gone. I mean, I have a Christmas tree up and decorations around the house, but it just doesn't seem like it is barely a week away. I guess part of me doesn't want Christmas to come because my brother will be leaving soon after. I have tried really hard not to think about it for the past month because I want my family to be able to enjoy the holidays.
I hate that my brother is leaving for another year. There is no way I could ever describe to someone who hasn't been through it the fear that I felt every single day, for 365 days. Sometimes, all I could think is, What would happen if an officer knocked on my parents door to tell them my brother wasn't coming home, or he had been seriously hurt and lost a limb or been paralyzed? My heart broke the last time he left and the happiest moment of my life was when he walked through the gate at the airport when he came home. I have to be strong for my family though, which means NO CRYING this time when we see him off.
No comments:
Post a Comment