Tuesday, December 21, 2010

'lest while you're lagging...

I just spent 15 minutes taking the nose pads off my glasses, cleaning them and then putting them back on. All so I wouldn't have to deal with the ex-box that I just came across as I was unpacking.

My ex-box is not the gaming console most people think of when they hear the term. Mine is actually a non-descript cardboard box full of things given to me by ex-boyfriends throughout the years. Some of it makes me smile, like the short story my high school boyfriend wrote for me. And some of it, well, it just really hurts to look at.

I have no idea what to do with the majority of things in this box. Donate things, sell them on eBay, give them to my friends? The dilemma is that I actually like the things in the box...the necklace, the book about shoes, the little fountain. But, it all holds memories that are too fresh for me to be able to have these things in my apartment without wanting to cry every time I see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment