Monday, June 6, 2011

Baby did a bad, bad thing

I did something very, very bad this morning. I fibbed to my boss.

Let me tell the back story: I was in bed by 10pm last night but just could not stay asleep. I would wake up and be up for twenty minutes, then fall back asleep. Plus, I had a headache that would not go away, despite having taken some ibuprofen (I was out of my favorite Advil PM--I love that stuff).

By the time 6:30am rolled around, I was already awake, but absolutely exhausted. I mean, I was so exhausted, it was work just to get out of bed and go to the bathroom. I decided to sleep in a little longer and kept resetting my alarm. Once it hit 7:30, I knew there was no way I would be able to go in to work and put in a full day in the state I was in. So, I called out sick with a migraine. Not a complete lie because I did have that stupid headache still, but a small one (plus, I told her I thought I had eaten MSG the night before and that's where it came from).

I went back to bed and just woke up about 20 minutes ago. I don't know why, but the past few weeks, I have been waking up tired and just been tired all day, even after a good night's sleep. Today was the first day it became a real issue though where I knew I would be useless at work. At first, I thought it was because of my pollen allergies, which tend to make me really tired and sleepy but I guess if this continues, I should call my doctor just to make sure it's not something serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment