Sunday, February 12, 2012

It's amazing what an evening at church and a change in attitude can do. Friday was a much better day at work and I realized I had been taking a lot of things personally and been way too sensitive at work.

Right now, I'm watching B and the kitten in a standoff. B has been amazing. I am still in absolute shock sometimes that this is the same cat I brought home 6 years ago. He used to beat the crap out of any cat (or dog or fox or feral animal) he came into contact with. Now, he is sweet and gentle. I had resigned myself to the fact that I was going to have a single cat household since he hated other cats. But with the kitten I sat for last year, and now with J's little girl, he has been amazing. Even with little M hissing at him, he just goes around his business. She swatted at him a few times (which was hysterical) and he just walked away. When she first got here, he was a little up in her face, being all big brother and stuff. Now, he has realized that she is a little out of sorts and so takes great pains to not get too close to her unless she instigates it.

This is so fantastic because it really gives me hope that I can adopt another cat from the shelter. I can't lie, I have started looking online but since I will be at a conference in March and possibly in April, the earliest I would get another cat would probably be the end of April.

No comments:

Post a Comment