I voted at 7:25 this morning. As much as I would like my candidate to win, I realize that there is no way one man can make decisions that will make 3 billion people happy. I am just grateful I live in a democracy where we are allowed to vote and don't have to live in fear of speaking up against the government. As an aside, I think the electoral vote is absolutely ridiculous and in this day and age and with the technology we posses there must be a way to do away with that and count vote for vote. Also, I need to shut off the computer and go read a book or something because I keep hitting refresh on the CNN and WCAX websites.
Oh, also I had the hardest time not laughing at the gym. I was doing my back rows with my 30# dumbbells and a girl who couldn't have been more then 30 came over and took two 5 pound weights. No joke. Seriously, my effing cat weighs more then that and I get a better workout just picking him up. That certainly explained her little toothpick arms. When I left, she was doing crunches on a stability ball. Sheesh. I like seeing other women in the weight room who actually lift weights, not just prance around in their little leggings lifting pussy weights and trying to get the attention of the muscleheads.
Got a 20 minute run in after lifting but barely made it 1.4 miles before I had to stop. I stopped about ten minutes into it to stretch my leg but it didn't help. I think I just need to not run for a week or two and give my leg a rest. I almost cried in the locker room because I was so frustrated. I was able to do about 3 minutes at my absolute maximum speed for my fartleks but I had to give it up because of my calf muscle. It sucks but it could be much worse.
No comments:
Post a Comment