I am so exhausted. Worked until 5:30, then went to the gym for my upper body routine and to run on the stupid treadmill. Came home and cooked dinner, put away the clean dishes and put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher and now I am totally ready for bed. I am debating on if I want to wash my sheets or not. If I were smart, I would have stripped the bed when I got home, but all I could think about was food.
Also, best news at the doctor's office yesterday...my cholesterol is down 25 points, to 202. I am so happy. My doctor was thrilled. I told her I had started running and was trying to eat healthier. Also, I have lost 5 pounds since the last time I was there in April. So, the best part is that I have finally broken my stable weight that my body has been stuck at. I am now 17 pounds away from my goal. It isn't a hard and fast goal but it is the weight that I truly felt the best at when I was working out and eating right. I will never be "skinny" and I am perfectly fine with that. Actually, I don't want to be one of those skinny girls. There are a couple of them at work and I could totally pick them up with one hand and snap them over my knee like a tree branch. I want to be fit and strong with muscles. And not those stupid show muscles that bodybuilders have. I want real muscles that can do things. I think sometimes people are surprised when I pick up heavy things because I am little and I don't look like I can carry much. I amazed myself today at the gym because I was able to get the "big girl" 25 pound dumbbell for my one arm dumbbell rows. It was pretty sweet. Plus I was able to bump up my lat pulldown to 60. Granted, I could only squeeze six of them out at a set but it felt pretty good. we'll see how sore I am tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment