Thursday, March 27, 2014

Well I can honestly say I hope I never have another concussion in my life. Since the night of the accident I have had headache, neckache, lower back pain, fatigue, nausea, stomach cramps, insomnia and occasional tinnitus. Oh the night of the accident was awful too, since I vomited every two hours and got zero sleep. I couldn't even keep water down and got to the point where the ER was thinking of putting me on an IV. I can barely eat anything, which is a huge sign that I am not well. I have lost a pound and a half since Monday. 

This really sucks, especially since the car accident happened the first day of my vacation since that stupid girl thought it would be a great idea to drive her car without brakes. Four days later I am still in pain from both the concussion and the whiplash. I was supposed to have a nice, relaxing vacation but instead I have spent at least 10 hours of my time filling out paperwork, talking to claims adjusters, giving statements (written and oral) and in the emergency room. Tomorrow I need to take my car in to the collision center to be looked at since they can't determine how much damage was done to the trunk when she rear ended me without having them remove the bumper. I am so over this. I am trying to look on the bright side, which is that at least it was me this idiot hit and not a pedestrian, because she very well could have killed someone. I can't even garner a guess at how fast she was going but it would not surprise me if her insurance dropped her after this. Not only do they have to pay to fix my car, they will also be covering a rental car while my car is being fixed as well as all of my hospital bills. And this isn't her first accident. You have to love when someone else's bad choices create consequences for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment