Tuesday, May 30, 2017

  Still have a hangover from my trip to Iceland. It seemed to go by so quickly and though I had three full days there, I wanted more time. I got to explore Reykjavik and go on the Super Jeep tour, but I want to go back and go hiking, do the Golden Circle tour, drive the Ring Road, and a thousand other things.
     At this point, however, I need to get ready for my next trip. I leave for Costa Rica on July 29 on a service trip, where I will be doing volunteer work. I am extremely excited to meet the group I am working with for the week. It should be an amazing time. 
     I am already doing research for my next trip. I am deciding between Greece, Australia, and Italy, but leaning towards Greece. I am thinking I will fly into Athens and spend a few nights there then go to Santorini. It helps to start planning a trip at least 10 months in advance, because I can get great deals on airfare and hotels when I go in the "off season." Iceland was certainly not as green and lush had I waited a month, but I got my ticket for half price and the hotel for about 30% less. Plus, there are less crowds. It is always a trade-off but I would rather deal with less people.
     I am so glad I am taking the summer off from school and my voice lessons. Though I love my voice coach and am so close to my degree, I need to get back outside this summer. I spent so much time indoors last year doing schoolwork, I barely hiked and didn't get out on the water a single time. This year, I have already been hiking four times, go jogging at least twice a week, and am planning an afternoon of kayaking with a friend. Sometimes, fresh air truly is the best doctor. It has certainly helped cure me of my winter blues.


No comments:

Post a Comment