Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Travel plans 2018

Dreaming of my next trip and have forgone Greece and Italy for now, as I don't have the money to spend at least 9 days in either country. Will probably look to 2019 for that. Am now thinking of either Copenhagen or Amsterdam, but leaning towards Copenhagen. Friendly people, beautiful sites, and not terribly expensive to fly there. Plus, I can do a stopover in Iceland for a night or two. Hoping to get away in mid-May, the sweet spot between when things start warming up and the flocks of tourists start showing up. Keeping an eye on prices for flights now and trying to figure out where I want to base myself according to what I want to see, so I know where to book a hotel so I can walk to most places, or take public transportation as needed.
    Speaking of Iceland, I need to start planning a trip around the Ring Road. One of my goals in the next two years is to drive around Route One in Iceland, which will take about 6 days, and camp in a rented camping van. The van is really quite wonderful as it comes equipped with a bed, cookstove, and even silverware and dishware. It is easy to stock up on food and find campsites around the country. That is the sort of trip that I really want to do with someone though, because a) safety (even though Iceland is very safe, but still) and b) to have the experience and fun with someone. I am very particular about my traveling partner for that because we will be stuck together for 6 days. I would love to bring my sister, as she is one of the few people I could stand/that could stand me for that long, but she can't go. I have had two people express an interest in coming, but I don't know if I would want to travel with either of them. Both nice people but neither has any idea what they are doing and it would be up to me to take care of everything. I don't want to be someone's mom on the road, I want a partner who will help plan the trip and can take half of the driving responsibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment