Saturday, August 22, 2009

T-6 Days

Okay, so I've been at my parents and I've made it through the first week. Here are some things that drive me nutso:
My mother listens to the TV at a volume of 38...Most normal people listen to it at 25. Sometimes, it feels like my eardrums are going to explode. She doesn't have a hearing problem, so I don't understand it. Worse still is what she's watching at such a high volume...Religious Television. I have never felt like such a sinner after 30 minutes of one of my mother's tv shows.

My mother also doesn't like people cooking in her kitchen. She's very territorial about it, so no one but her is allowed to cook. This means if she doesn't cook dinner and I want to eat, I can have a sandwich or a salad, which is also usually what I eat at work for lunch, since I pack my lunch. So, essentially, I eat the same two meals 14 times in one week.

Thankfully, I have a lot to do today so I won't be home. Plus, I am helping a friend move. I can't wait until next Friday. Get out of work, pick up Brody and go to our new place. We'll have all weekend to unpack, cook in the kitchen and watch TV at a reasonable volume. Extremely excited. Plus, I should be getting my high speed internet hooked up. I will admit, that is the one good thing about being at my parent's is the high speed.

Well, better get a jump on the weekend. God Bless. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment