Thursday, April 22, 2010

Long day

For some reason, my body decided to wake up at 5:45 am. I am not sure why. What I do know is that, after tossing and turning for over 20 minutes, I realized I was not going to fall back asleep and just decided to get up and get my day started. The worst part is, I had insomnia last night, so even though I climbed into bed at 10am, I didn't fall asleep until midnight.

Today just dragged at work. I tried to push through the day and get stuff done, but with the lack of sleep, it was pretty rough. It was a gorgeous day outside, so at lunchtime I took a 20 minute walk and soaked up the sun.

When I got home, for some odd reason, I had energy to burn, despite the lack of sleep. So, I took B and we went on a 40 minute hike in the woods. Then, came back and worked out with my weights. Oddly enough, it's almost 9pm, I've been up since quarter of six, I did 90 minutes of working out and I'm not tired. Maybe I need a hot shower and then to just climb into bed with a book.

I have a very busy weekend planned. Dinner and drinks with the girls tomorrow night, visiting with friends on Saturday and hitting the used book sale on Sunday with another friend. I have no idea when I am going to find time to clean the house for my mother's visit. I will just have to do it in little pieces throughout the week. Thankfully, I don't have cable so she can't blast her religious TV at deafening volumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment