On our websites, if people need to contact an author, they can fill out a little form and email it. The form comes directly to me and I then either respond or direct the email to the author. Easy, right?
Well, somehow, spammers realized that they could easily fill out and email the forms. For the past three days, I have received over 40 emails a day, ranging from Colin Farrell sex tapes to bank loans to the horrifying "granny porn." At first, it was annoying, then slightly entertaining and now it's just ridiculous. I can't just delete them because there may be a genuine email. I will have to talk to our website designer to see if there is some way we can block them or do something different so I don't ever have to see the words "granny" and "porn" together in a sentence again.
No comments:
Post a Comment