Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God! The conference I am going to in September is only fifteen minutes away from the DUKE LEMUR CENTER!!!!!! Could I be any more ecstatic? Uh, no! I love lemurs and have always wanted to go to DLC. Now, I finally have the opportunity. The best part is, I don't have to pay for the trip because I will already be there for work!
Actually, that is only half of the best part. The actual best part is the center has a tour called "Walking with Lemurs" where you get to go into the area and be with the lemurs!!!!! It only cost $95 and would be a total thrill for me. Unless of course, I got bit by a lemur a la Mike Rowe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC0QBIfiNWI (makes me laugh every time).
The DLC has the cutest pictures of their lemurs on their Facebook page. They have aye-ayes, mouse lemurs (like Mort from Madagascar), bush babies, ruffed, sifakas and lorises, just to name a few. Of course, they have my absolute favorite, which are ringtails. They even have a picture of a ringtail holding a basketball! Oh, I can't wait. I wish I could call out sick and go tomorrow. But, as Carrie Bradshaw said, "Isn't delayed gratification the definition of maturity?"
Can't wait until September!
No comments:
Post a Comment