Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Sometimes, I get really lonely and wonder if I am going to ever get married and have a family. And there are times I want to say Fuck it and give up. But there are things that happen that make it all worth it and remind me that it isn't worth losing my faith. Such as the three things that happened to me recently:

#1) Today, I entertained my coworker's two year old in my office. He brought his toys in and just camped out in there with me for an hour. We played with his trucks, drew pictures, he told me the sounds various barnyard animals make, ate a granola bar and he was just all out adorable. He used to be shy when he would come in, but when she brought him in, he came right into my office and gave me a hug. Later, when they were leaving, he gave me another hug and "tisses" which surprised her because he usually is very reserved.

#2) Then later today I was helping a friend move a gas grill in her Honda, which involved a lot of lifting, some swearing and taking part of the grill apart (this is why I always carry a Leatherman in my purse). She was getting frustrated but we were able to get it in without having to disassemble too much of it. After it was all said and done, she turned to me and said "You would make a really good mother. You were very patient even though I was getting frustrated and wanted to give up." And I thought, She's right, I really would make a good mom.

#3) One of my friends at church wrote a list for my "perfect man." It was so sweet of her to do, because she has this wonderful husband and she told me she wants me to find someone that will treat me as well as he treats her. She told me they have been married for 13 years and to never, ever settle for anything less in a man because it isn't worth it.




No comments:

Post a Comment