Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Stepped on the scale this morning and I had lost 2 pounds without even trying. That is great news considering I have been stuck at the same stupid weight for months. Not sure why my body dropped it all of a sudden but I am certainly not complaining. It also makes it much easier for me to resist sweets and fried foods. I am very inspired by J, who has gone gluten free and lost 20 pounds. She has amazing willpower!

There are a few things that make it difficult for me to eat healthy. First, I live alone so I do all my own grocery shopping and cooking. Second, having two jobs cuts back on the amount of time I have to do those things. Third, I am the type of person who will eat something just because it is there, which is why I am very careful about the food I bring into my house but it doesn't help when people bring snacks into work or I have to stare at candy at my p/t job. Fourth, my coworkers like to order out at least once or twice a week and never get healthy food. Today, I sat and ate my salad while they had Chinese. They joked that I was "the good one" as they were eating and their food certainly smelled good but honestly it wasn't that hard to resist. I just focus on the good I am doing my body by eating healthy and think about my goal to lose 20 pounds (well now 18) and get fit. Also, since I am aiming for a third 5k, I think about how dropping weight will help me to run faster and be more efficient as a runner.

2 comments:

  1. You inspire ME! You are so unstoppable and committed - you go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We inspire each other!! You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete