Saturday, March 16, 2013

42:29. Not my best time but not my worst. Also, not bad considering I hadn't run a full 3 miles since November. I had to walk a little bit of it but it is the first race of the season. I already am planning on at least 4 other race--one five mile in May, a seven miler (dear Baby Jesus help me!) in June, the Lt. Mark Dooley in September and the Color Vibe 5k in May. Also, there is an 80's themed run next month (hello neon tshirts and big hair) and a run in York, ME that I really want to do because a) I love Maine and b) it follows part of my old running/walking route from when I lived in York. I need to see if I can rope my sister into running that one with me.

I was talking to my sister about the issue of strength training versus running. She has the same problem because she is planning on doing a couple of half marathons this summer and she said she does all of her weight lifting, upper and lower body, in one day. So I am thinking I might have to do weightlifting twice a week, instead of four times and then run 3-4 times a week, at least through the season.


No comments:

Post a Comment