Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I am almost positive I have exercise induced asthma. I ran for 20 minutes and almost half an hour later I am still coughing, wheezing and out of breath. If I run indoors, it isn't as bad but running outside in the cold was awful. To be perfectly honest, I came home and threw up. My Craisins hadn't even had time to digest yet and the banana I had as a snack tasted terrible on re-entry.

I started running last July and I figured that I was out of breath and wheezing because I was out of shape. Now that I am pushing myself harder and my legs are stronger and can go faster and further, I am realizing that my lungs can't keep up. I have tried multiple breathing exercises and techniques and nothing seems to work. Or it will work for a few minutes but then stop. So I need to talk to my doctor when I go in for my annual next month. I don't want this to hold me back from running but I know it is. And it super sucks because I am running a 5k with my sister in less than two weeks. Honestly, I just want to cry right now because I am so frustrated. I feel like I fought so hard to get to this point in my fitness and my stupid body is holding me back. Hopefully they can give me an inhaler or some wonder drug to help fix the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment