Had the most amazing trip to the seacoast to see my sister. Wednesday night we went to our favorite used bookstore and had dinner in North Hampton. Then we decided to play miniature golf, which was interesting to say the least. On Thursday we hit the gym for an upper body workout then got a lower body workout and our cardio hiking Blue Job Mountain, which was a little less than 2 miles. It wasn't super hard but we definitely got a workout and worked off the cannoli we had split the night before (totally worth it though). Then we showered, got dressed and went off to Portsmouth for the night. We hit this store called Runners Alley where I got professionally fitted for new running shoes then went to the Thirsty Moose. We were both disappointed by the restaurant though because it was a little more like an industrial sports bar and we were both thinking the atmosphere would be more like Red Hook or Salt Hill. The food was mediocre but you can't go wrong with 116 beers on tap. Since it was just the two of us, we each had a beer and taste tested another (Pumpkin Ale, Smuttynose...YUM!). After that we met some of my sister's friends at a bar close to her apartment.
Today, we took a trip to Kittery and York. We shopped at the outlets and didn't find too much then stopped for lunch at this fantastic little sandwich shop on Route 1. Then we hit Long Sands and Nubble Light and headed home.
I have had such an amazing vacation. I got to spend time with my family and I am so happy. I still have two whole days off so tomorrow will be cleaning, laundry and errands. Sunday, I will probably hit the gym and try out my new sneakers on the treadmill. I haven't been eating terribly the whole vacation but I definitely need to go on detox next week. I had fried food multiple times this week as well as potato chips and lots of sweets. I can feel it. Although I did get hit on at the bar last night by this cute guy so I can't be looking that bad!
Right now, the boys are laying in bed next to me sound asleep. When I got home, I put clean sheets on the bed. I think we are all going to sleep well tonight. The Comcast man is coming tomorrow so I can ditch that crappy Fairpoint. Maybe he will be cute and I can give him my number too. I've been on a roll with that lately...
No comments:
Post a Comment