Monday, August 12, 2013

Just got back from the best camping trip with my family at Groton. I haven't gone camping beyond my parents' back yard in years and I had so much fun! We went hiking, swimming, fishing, read books and did this 3 mile "trail" which was really more of an obstacle course with mud bogs and boulders around Kettle Pond. The scenery was beautiful and I just loved it there. At first, I was a little worried I would be bored but between all the activities and everything, I almost wish we had another day there.

During our trail hike, we saw remote camping lean to's and I thought about how much fun it would be to pack a bag for a couple of days and go stay in one of the lean to's. There was one about a mile in, which took us close to 30 minutes to reach, that would be ideal. It isn't right on the trail so you would have privacy and there was a picnic bench and a nice stone fire pit. I would love to do something like that with a boyfriend. Plus, it was right on the lake so you could bathe and swim in the lake and go fishing. If you were frugal with what you carried, you could each bring one backpack, a sleeping bag and a foam mat along with food and water for two days. I wonder if I could handle that or if I would go stir crazy after the second day?

This would be the view at Kettle Pond:



No comments:

Post a Comment