Friday, January 22, 2010

Family time

I am so excited to go spend time with my family. My uncle and his wife are visiting from New Jersey and I went and saw them last night, and will be going over again tonight. Looks like pizza and pinochle! Fun times. We only really play pinochle when my uncle comes for a visit, although lately we have been teaching my sister's boyfriend how to play. It's almost like a rule that if you spend any amount of time with us, you have to A) Eat Mom's spaghetti and meatballs B) listen to stories how Dad always sets stuff on fire and C) learn how to play pinochle. And my parents wonder why we never bring boyfriends/girlfriends home. Well that and the first guy I ever brought home (I was in high school), my father made him help stack wood. Talk about mortifying! Imagine being 17, bringing a boy over and your father hauls him out and makes him stack the wood in the woodshed. It wasn't until many years later, I realized that what my father was really looking at was the character of a person and if they were a hard worker. It still makes me laugh though. I wonder what he would do now, since they don't use the woodstove anymore. Maybe make him help clean out the garage?

I'm excited it's the weekend. This week flew by. I have been so crazy busy at work, I've barely had time to take a breath. Didn't get in my walk yesterday or today, couldn't even take a lunch break the past two days. But it will all be worth it when I move into my new position...which will hopefully be soon, especially now that my boss has seen the train wreck that is the current publicist.

Well, it's 5:30, time to go see the family and eat TASTYKAKES!! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment