Friday night was crazy and the rest of the weekend, I kind of spent recuperating. Unfortunately, due to an issue with a wheel bearing, I didn't get to Maine to see my author (insert sad face here) but at least my car isn't making that terrible growling noise anymore.
I hit two different bars with D on Friday and got carded at both places, four days after my 35th birthday, hot diggity damn! The most hilarious part was when I told the first bouncer he was my new best friend for carding me, his response was that he got off at 1:30 am. Which oddly enough, was about the time I got home. I did some flirting and dancing with two different men, exchanged phone numbers with one of them, fended off a couple of sleazeballs, saw this amazing band and overall had a great time, especially since I didn't have to pay for any of my drinks. Too bad I had to wake up at 7 the next morning to get to the mechanic.
I was telling J over lunch on Saturday that it was the first time I had actually felt sexy in a really, really long time (like years). Her response was that I deserved to feel that way...I love that girl! I also love that she, like myself, can walk into BJ's and purchase just one item. It must be a gift of amazing willpower that we can do that.
Today I did nothing but puttered around the condo and it felt great. Tomorrow is back to the grind but I just took two more days off in August. Maybe I will get up to Maine then.
No comments:
Post a Comment