Had a bout of laryngitis today. I think it was partially from the stupid cold and partially from all the screaming I was doing riding on the go-cart while the 5 year old was driving it. At least we only hit one tree and that was because I couldn't grab the wheel fast enough. I stopped screaming after I got a bit of mud in my mouth from him running through a puddle and he looked over at me and said "I told you that you would get dirty." That kid is too funny.
Also, the most hysterical thing happened yesterday. My brother, cousin, her husband and I were out shooting and we were taking a break and reloading the sniper rifle. My brother and cousin's husband started talking about this sniper in Vietnam and they called him by his name and I said, "Oh, White Feather." The looks on all of their faces were priceless, especially when the two guys were discussing some of the stories about him and I piped in with a couple. I finally had to fess up and tell them that when I was living at my brother's house when he was in Afghanistan, all of my books were in storage and I needed something to read, so I read his books. And that is how I know about Carlos Hathcock, aka White Feather (and also German tanks of WWII). Really, it was just so funny to see their faces. I guess I don't strike people as the type of girl who would read about things like that. What can I say? I am the type of girl that goes target shooting in boots with 3" heels (like I did yesterday).
Called out sick to the p/t gig tonight. I don't think they were too happy but considering a) I went in on five minutes notice last week when someone else called out, b) I let them add an extra shift to my schedule this week and c) there are two people scheduled to close they should be okay. I have an interview tomorrow for a position we are hiring for and I can't take the chance that I won't be able to interview. Plus I am still trying to get rid of this stupid cough I have had since yesterday. I had to dope myself up on Nyquil just to fall asleep last night.
Snuggled up in my fleece lounge pants and my comfy fleece top. Going to make a big ass bowl of chicken noodle and do absolutely nothing for the rest of the night, except maybe balance my checkbook.
No comments:
Post a Comment