Thursday, January 31, 2013

Tacos and margaritas at a friend's house last night. Didn't get home and in bed until after 10pm so I was naughty and skipped my cardio this morning and got to the gym at 5:30 to lift. Will be in bed early tonight so I can get in two miles tomorrow before lifting.

I missed my partner today but actually had a great workout It was chest, bicep and tricep day so I benched (with the stupid Smith machine since I didn't have a spot), tricep overhang, concentration curls, incline chest  dumbbells and dumbbell. flye. It's nice to have a partner because it keeps me motivated to go to the gym but sometimes we get sidetracked talking about our lives, jobs, etc.

So, for the past four weeks, I have tracked all of my calories and my fitness and have lost a grand total of...1 pound. Seriously. I.Want.To.Scream. It is so frustrating because one of my friends started The Wheat Belly Diet and lost EIGHT pounds in a week. I go to the gym and bust my buns on the damn treadmill and have lost one pound. Which was one of the pounds I gained over Christmas. Which means I still have the other pound sitting on my ass or tummy. I know I eat enough calories so I don't go into starvation mode but I don't overeat. I haven't had fried foods in almost a month. I try to eat a salad for lunch every day and at least one piece of fruit a day. I have a healthy dinner every night. I just don't know what I am doing wrong and I am very frustrated with my lack of progress. It reminds me of the part in Return of the Jedi when Vader tells the commander that the Emperor is not pleased with his lack of progress. That is EXACTLY how I feel. Only I am getting fit not building a Death Star, but still nice analogy because it is taking just as damn long.


No comments:

Post a Comment