Saturday, January 26, 2013

Today, I looked at myself in the mirror and had a mini breakdown. Not because I hated what I saw but because I actually like my body. For so many years, I hated my body but was felt trapped between what I knew I should do versus how I felt about myself. The past few months have been an amazing eye-opening experience for me because even before, seven years ago when I went to the gym and worked out, I was always doing it with the intention of losing weight to find a boyfriend or to fit into a smaller size. This time, I have committed to a lifestyle change for me. I am doing this all for myself and no one else. This is how I know things are going to be different this time. 

I know I should have self confidence no matter what my size but just starting running and completing two 5ks and being at the gym again these past few months and seeing the change in my body that I have worked so hard for has really made my self esteem soar. Then, finding pictures of myself over the past two years and comparing them to the pictures I took today, well, yes I did get emotional. I posted them below so I if I get discouraged, I can look at them and see how far I have come. I am so lucky to have the support of my family and friends and colleagues who encourage me every day and understand when I don't want to eat at a restaurant and have salads for lunch and whey protein shakes for breakfast. I am a blessed woman.



Spring 2011





Summer 2011

Fall 2011




June 2012



September 2012

January 26, 2013
January 26, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment