On Wednesday, I ran my PR of 11:33 in a 2 mile run then ran about 13:00 on the second mile. Today, I took a nice easy 2.5 mile run, which took 31.07. It was such a great run. I am thinking I should be able to easily do a 36-38 minute run when I do my next 5k. I have a few coming up including one in Maine in June and another Memorial Day weekend.
Also, both pairs of running shorts are too big on me so I need to buy some new ones. I have been cinching the drawstrings as tight as I can and hoping I don't drop my drawers in the middle of the green while I run. One of the best problems I could have, I guess, although I am so frugal I hate to have to invest money to buy more shorts. That being said, I am going to invest in a nice pair of running shoes soon. I bought my pair last year and spent a decent amount of money but not a lot, as I really wasn't sure if I was going to stick with running or not. Now that I know I am, I am willing to pay up to $150 for a really good pair of sneakers. My sister and I are going to meet in the middle in Manchester since there is a specialty running store there. I think it will be worth it to go see them and get an expert fit instead of just popping into the nearest EMS and buying a pair off the rack, so to speak.
Well, off to hit the shower then go see J. I am stinky and sweaty and so incredibly happy with my run today. Life is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment