Thursday, April 11, 2013


When the doctor found the lump in my breast last week, she asked me if I had a history of breast cancer in the family and automatically I said no.  But then, yesterday, in the shower where I do my best thinking, for the first time it hit me...we don't know anything about Dad's father's family. For all we know, every woman on that side of the family died of breast cancer but we don't have any connection to that side of the family so we have no clue. It pretty much sucks not knowing 25% of your family and their genetics. It just never struck me before until yesterday and I have no idea why. It just sucks not being in touch with the relatives that we got our last name from and learning more about the history of the name and the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment