Sunday, December 29, 2013

I have the next three days off and am so excited about it! Right now, I have chili going in my new Crock Pot and am taking a break from working on my January budget. I love doing my budget. I am such a budget nerd. I am a total Type A and I am proud of it!

I was so excited to get my Crock Pot for Christmas. I knew that was what I was getting because it is what I had told my mom that was what I wanted. I love that as adults we discuss what we want for Christmas. I always ask for practical items such as a vacuum cleaner or Crock Pot because if I want something like shoes, I just buy them for myself. My brother got me a cast iron skillet, which is pretty neat. I am sure I will get a lot of use out of it.

I also received a beautiful Alex and Ani "Sister" bracelet from my sister because she knows how much I love Alex and Ani. I teared up when I opened it because it was so unexpected. So now I have four of them. The ones that I buy have a special meaning to me. I know a lot of people just buy them by the handfuls but I am very deliberate in the ones that I purchase. I have the Living Water (part of the proceeds help bring clean water to people around the world) the "It Is What It Is" (because my mom and Joyce Meyer always say that) and the butterfly (because I feel like the past couple of years I have gone through a metamorphosis from being in a cocoon to becoming a butterfly).

The next one I buy will probably be either the Champion (when I reach my weight loss goal) http://www.alexandani.com/collections/charity-by-design/champion-charm-bangle-5470.html or the Lighthouse because I love the ocean and lighthouses. http://www.alexandani.com/collections/charity-by-design/lighthouse-charm-bangle.html

I love that part of the proceeds of the Charity by Design goes to different charities, so those are the ones I tend to gravitate towards.


No comments:

Post a Comment