Thursday, December 26, 2013

Sometimes at the store if people write a check and I have to see their ID, I like to guess how old they are and then see how close I am. There has been a minimum of 5 instances in the past two weeks where women I thought were my age actually turned out to be 6-10 years younger than I thought. This leads me to believe that it is indeed true that if you allow it to happen, kids will age you. People always think I am around 31 or 32 when they first meet me (also, even at the ripe age of 37 there are still instances where I get carded!). I attribute this to a few different factors.

First, it is the great genes I got from my parents. They are both youthful looking, especially my mom, for their age. Second, it is a healthy lifestyle. I don't drink (alot), smoke or eat a lot of junk. I eat tons of vegetables and organic products and I exercise. Third, I moisturize twice a day with a quality moisturizer and I only use organic body products which helps keep my skin glowing and my hair vibrant. Fourth, it is all about attitude. Yes, I have my down days or my cranky moments but I have found that if you think positive thoughts, it makes you more attractive to be around. I know some women (my mother included) who take great care of themselves that look years younger than they actually are and I attribute it to the factors above.

No comments:

Post a Comment