Sunday, December 1, 2013

I have gained 8 pounds in the past three weeks. At first, I didn't really notice it but on Thanksgiving, I put on my favorite jeans and they barely buttoned. Plus I have had issues fitting into some of my other slim fit pants. Pants that have been baggy and comfortable on me are now getting tight. So yesterday I stepped on the scale and almost died. I rarely weigh myself unless I think I have made some fantastic gain in the fat loss department. The last time I weighed myself I was at 158 now I am at 166. How the hell does that happen? I literally almost cried because I have been busting my ass at the gym and trying to eat healthy. I haven't changed my eating habits at all, or at least not enough that it would make a difference. Though I do have sweets it isn't like I am eating them all day every day. And I rarely eat fried foods. Most of my meals are vegetables with some carbs and protein. I don't eat 100% clean but I don't eat junk all day either. Combine my mostly decent eating with my 3-4 workouts a week and there is absolutely no reason why I shouldn't be either maintaining or losing weight.

So yesterday I thought about it for a while and tried to determine if I was really being honest with myself about what I had been eating. I have tracked calories before and tend to eat a lot of the same things so even if I ate 2000 calories a day, my body would burn off most of it, especially on gym days. I would have to consume an additional 25,000 calories to gain this much weight and unless I have been eating Wendys morning, noon and night (I wish) there is no way that should happen.

The only other thing that I could narrow it down to is one of my three medications. I dismissed the albuterol since I only take that as needed. I have been on the flovent for my asthma since July so I imagine this would have happened in the first couple of months of being on it. That left my birth control. I have been on generic Seasonal for the past 8 months. The first generic gave me terrible cramps and breakthrough bleeding. They switched me to a different generic, which actually worked quite well. Now the last time I went in a few weeks ago, they gave me a third generic (since my second one had morphed into this new one). I had my period then started this new generic. A week ago, I started having my period again and I was beyond annoyed. So now that coupled with the weight gain and I am thinking it is time to quit this new generic and find something else. I need to go talk to the pharmacist and my doctor about my options though because I don't want to go off the birth control. I like having a regulated period every three months, plus I don't get super sick from my PMS like I used to. Also there is that little thing of, oh I don't know, helping to prevent unwanted pregnancy (though in my current single state that isn't an issue at the moment). This is beyond frustrating. It is like I have to choose between losing weight/getting sick once a month or having  breakthrough bleeding/perma fatness/less periods.

No comments:

Post a Comment