Another weekend comes to a close. I am all set for work tomorrow morning. I have my lunch packed and my outfit chosen. It has been a great weekend. I feel like I accomplished a lot. I went to the Penny Sale at the high school, which was great fun, even though I didn't win anything. Also, I got up early enough to make the Volunteer Firefighter Pancake Breakfast this morning. Pancakes taste even better when you aren't the one cooking them and when you apply liberal doses of butter and maple syrup to them. Thank God for living in VT, where Grade A maple syrup is plentiful and we don't have to eat that Mrs. Butterworth crap.
Besides meeting my the other townies, I finally got all of my books unpacked, which is a Herculean task. I had twelve boxes of books, but now they are all unpacked and sorted according to category and alphabetized by author. It really helps to have a huge hutch that came with the apartment. Even though it is supposed to hold dishes, I've found that books fit comfortably right in there. Between the hutch, and my two bookcases, all of my books are now in my living room. The best part is that I have room left on some of my shelves. I am looking forward to this Saturday, because one of the libraries in town is having a book sale. So, I will be able to fill up the shelves. Two of my favorite things...book sales and shoe sales.
I'm trying to be more positive in my blogs, since someone who shall remain nameless (J!) told me the last few blogs I typed were "angry". I don't think of them so much as angry as more of "truthful". At any rate, I will try to stay more optimistic, especially since all of my coworkers talk about how happy and upbeat I am. Apparently, they have not put up with me and my incessant whining for a long enough period of time.
No comments:
Post a Comment