Friday, October 30, 2009

Check yourself before you wreck yourself

How is it possible that practically every single one of my coworkers somehow managed to aggravate me this past week?

Number One-don't insult soldiers...EVER! That is just asking for a beat down, even if you are pregnant with a bastard child because you were too idiotic to use a prophalactic. I've said it once and I'll say it again...Prayer is not a viable form of birth control.

Number Two-don't not tell me something and then be a bitch to me when I know nothing about it. That is sheer stupidity. It takes approximately 38 seconds to send me an email so that when a phone call comes through, I am well informed. I'm sorry your entire life revolves around counting calories and exercising, but mine does not. Maybe if you ate a friggin Snickers, you wouldn't be such a raving bitch.

Number Three-don't gossip about my coworkers relationships with me. I don't care about their relationships because they are their business and as my boss, should not be telling me things about my colleague's boyfriend that I do not need to know. As a matter of fact, it makes me wonder if my boss gossips about me.

Number Four-I'm sick of hearing about your damn wedding already, so SHUT UP!

Number Five-don't forward me stuff that is YOUR responsibility. The word Publicist is not after my name on my business cards, therefore I should not be contacting authors about media events. Actually, I don't even have any business cards. So, do your damn job!

I guess if this is the first really bad week I have had at work since May, I'm not doing too bad. On the other hand, it is really making me take a long hard look at my coworkers. There are a lot of gossips, backstabbers and all around pessimists in the office. I'm pretty upbeat and it makes it really hard to keep a good attitude if I don't want to go fax something because I don't want to hear the office manager bitch about, well, everything. Maybe it's time to start looking for a new, better paying job. At least I have a job though, and don't have to be desperate for something. We'll see how I feel on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment