Saturday, February 27, 2010

Day out

Had a great day today! Got up at 7am, went and got my car inspected, had new brake pads and rotors put on the front and had an oil change. Then, picked up a friend for a fun filled day of shopping. It is the first time I have bought myself new clothes in over a year. Had a great day just strolling around the mall. We hit Target first and then went to the mall. I came in way under budget and found some great new business casual things to wear on my upcoming two trips. I might order one or two more pairs of pants and I didn't find any tops that I really like, so it looks like gap.com for the rest of the stuff.

Bad news of the day: The guy that takes care of the yard/house maintenance came over tonight to do a little cleanup on the snow just as I was getting home. He told me to be careful because one of the homes he looks in on the next road over was broken into. That is pretty frightening. He is going to install motion sensor lighting around the big house and put another set up for me on the front of my house. Tomorrow, I am going to go to the Depot and get some timers to put in the big house for the lighting. Quite frankly, that scares the crap out of me. I hate to say this, but I would feel safer if I had a guy living with me (or at the very least, a dog) I think I'd better start doing more frequent target practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment