Well, today started off okay. I had set my alarm for 8:15, but I woke up with clogged sinuses and a headache, so I stayed in bed until about 9:30. A nice hot shower helped though, and by 11, I was out the door to run a few errands. I had a pleasant surprise in the form of a W2 from the last place I was waiting on. After I left the post office, I went and joined the local library. They don't have a huge selection of books, but I found four of them to bring home with me. I think it will definitely save me money because I can borrow instead of buy. After that, I popped in to the store to pick up a couple of things for lunch and dinner. Tomorrow, I will do my real grocery shopping and go to Walmart : (
I did my taxes today and was pleasantly surprised to see I am getting back $800 from the feds, and $70 from the state. That will come in handy, as my propane bill is due soon. I guess being unemployed for two months plus having student loans really paid off. Plus, I made about $8000 less than I had the year before. All I need is an illegitimate kid to really make some money. I wonder if I could claim the cat as a dependent? He fits all the requirements. At worst, I would just go to a white collar prison, like Leona Helmsley, and play tennis all day.
My Netflix movie came in the mail today. It's called "Brothers at War". It's a documentary about a man with two brothers serving in Iraq. He actually goes to Iraq and films over there and then films the aftermath of them returning home. I know it's going to make me cry, so even though I really, really want to see it, it's hard for me to get up the gumption to watch it.
Other than that, I have been kind of a slug all day. Got my trash and recycling ready for Monday pickup. Did a little cleaning, but not much. I have just felt very lethargic today. I think I am still fighting off a nasty cold. I mean, it's 8pm and I haven't even eaten dinner yet and I had lunch at noon. Anyone that knows me knows that when I don't have an appetite, something is not right. Maybe a hot bath and an early bedtime will help.
No comments:
Post a Comment