Monday, March 8, 2010

Oh the drama!

One of my coworkers was crying at work today. She is on a schedule of about once every two weeks at this point. When I started last year, she only cried about once a week. Sometimes, I just want to hand her a box of Puffs and tell her to shut the hell up. Seriously? When I see the waterworks now, I go into my office and shut the door so I don't have to listen to the sniffling. Heartless? Maybe so, but you try working with someone who bursts into tears as often as TBS runs episodes of Sex and the City and you'll get sick of it really quickly too. It's really hard to talk on the phone when all you hear is sniffling coming out of the office next door. I've seen enough people cry, usually when I am writing them up or firing them. I've cried at work twice. Once when I was so mad at my boss I wanted to punch her and quit (and even then, I was only teary eyed) and once that was not work related, but man related. And that was after everyone had left for the day. So if no one saw me, it doesn't count and I don't even know why I am bringing it up.

And one hour later...
I can't believe I forgot about the time I really cried at work! It was when I was working at the brewery and I hit a chipmunk AND a bird on the way in to work. I had never hit an animal before. Boy, I was a total mess by the time I got in. The brewers were all gathered around me, handing me Kleenex and trying to calm me down. Yup, that's the one real time I have cried at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment