Sunday, March 21, 2010

The worst chaplain ever

Day two of the convention. Did very well today. Should have worn shoes with better support, but what can I say? I love my pointy toe patent leather flats. Plus, they looked super cute with my outfit. Speaking of which, the exhibit hall closed at 4:30 today, which was awesome, because it gave me plenty of time to walk to a restaurant I wanted to try before it got dark out. So, I was bopping along, minding my own business, in the clothes I wore to the convention (business casual) and this 20 year old said hi and tried to start a convo with me! I almost told him I was old enough to be his babysitter. Good to know I still have "it" though, whatever the hell "it" is.

Yesterday, the coordinator of the convention was trying to close the exhibit hall at 5:30, so the vendors could all get something to eat. I was waiting on the most dimwitted person who could not grasp the concept of closing and kept asking me the most obvious questions, such as how much the book was (the price is on it), etc. I was getting antsy because I had only an hour and a half to freshen up and grab dinner before having to reopen the booth. They finally got the dimwit on her way after I promised her I would hold her books for her. Well, she came back today for the books. I gave them to her and then she had to decide all over again if she wanted them. I told her to let me know when she was ready to pay and I put the books she definitely wanted down next to my clipboard. She started looking at other books. I looked down at something for a second and when I looked back up, she was two vendors down, looking at handcrafted tote bags. I told the vendor next to me that she was the worst chaplain ever. There would be a patient that was dying and she would just walk off. Yeesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment