Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Well, my brother is officially running for selectboard and I am his self-appointed campaign manager. I love my brother, but if I left it up to him, he wouldn't even bother campaigning. What's the point of running if you don't at least try to win?

So far, I have created a nice little Facebook page and am working on creating a flier that can be distributed to people and hung up around town. I have a list of about thirty places so far where we can hang fliers. I am also working on creating a sign that can be printed and put on people's front yards.

I am going to try and get my brother a speaking gig at the VFW. They'll love him, after all he's a 36 year old veteran of TWO wars. Plus, I am going to be in touch with some local reporters tomorrow about setting up interviews. Phew, it looks like home and work are going to be busy for quite some time. I'm glad I know a thing or two about promoting people!

I know this is going to be a lot of work, but I really want my brother to win because I know he will do a great job. I think it is time for bed, even though chances are slim that I will be going in to work tomorrow due to the mega snowstorm we are expecting (about 20" for my area). I brought enough work home to keep me busy for 8 hours but I might just say Screw it and take a vacation day. It's not like I don't have 80 hours of vacation time and I accrue about two days a month. At the rate I'm going, I'll be able to take a six month sabbatical in about three years.

No comments:

Post a Comment