Saturday, March 26, 2011

I found the baggage claim! I overheard a man on the plane telling his seatmate he was from New Orleans, so after we deplaned, I followed him. It was difficult because he was about 6'2 and I was jogging to keep up with him, but no tottering around the airport for 30 minutes.

Then, I had the most harrowing taxi ride to date. This little Asian man in a van picked me up, and I thought, oh good, I bet he'll drive slow in the left hand lane with his blinker on. Oh no. He was doing about 70 tailgating people and when they would piss him off, he would whip around them and cut them off...it was quite frightening. At one point, we were on the interstate and we passed about four cemeteries lined up on either side...no joke. It was truly odd and all I could think of was, if I die, at least my parents can save funeral expenses and just move me from crash site to graveyard! I didn't talk to him the whole time because he was in this little Asian zone. Everytime he talked to me he called me "honey." He must watch too much American TV. Oh, I almost forgot...he looked EXACTLY like that key dude from Matrix 2! Every time we would take a corner on 2 wheels or he would cut off someone, all I could think of is "I'm going to die and the keymaker will be the last person I see!"

Right now, I am exhausted. I have been up since 2am and then I had to wait three hours at the hotel until check in to get into my room. I would love to go try a restaurant but I think I'm going to just do room service. I still have four nights here. Plus, it's starting to get dark and I don't want to walk around an unfamiliar city in the dark by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment