Friday, March 25, 2011

Seriously. Neon signs.

The worst part of flying for me is not having to get up at 2am tomorrow to get to the airport for my 6am flight. Nor is it having to be cramped into a flying tin can with 300 of my newest friends or having to eat stale peanuts, pretzels or cookies. No, for me the worst part is the baggage claim. Seriously. I have the worst time in the world finding the baggage claim. I read and follow the signs and yet for some reason, I just wind up wandering around the airport for a little while until I stumble upon it. In Denver, I rode the train for about 15 minutes back and forth until I found the baggage claim (okay, I actually asked someone that worked at the airport...it was terribly embarrassing).

Now, the wise thing to do would be to just follow everyone once I get off the plane. I know that is the smart thing but the first thing I do when I get off a plane is pee. The last thing I want to do is pee with my 50 pound 15 oz suitcase in the commode with me. How would I maneuver? And since I only travel for work lately and I travel alone, I'm not going to ask some random stranger to watch my suitcase. Knowing my luck, she would take off with it and all I can picture is someone else wearing my shoes and that's just not cool.

Well, I just checked out the airport and thankfully the baggage claim is a) close to the terminal and b) actually reachable by walking to it indoors, which was not the case in Minneapolis. I am hoping for no trains. I am also hoping, since I am connecting in Regan, that there is someone conscious in the command tower. That's a frightening news story to read on CNN three days before I fly into that airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment