Friday, November 25, 2011

This is the life. I honestly don't remember the last time I had four days off in a row. I'm still in my pajamas at 10am, which is unusual for me. Even on my days off, I am up, showered and ready to go by 8:30 at the latest. I slept in until 8am and now I'm doing a little shopping online because I am so not going shopping today (okay and I can't lie--I am checking my work email but only for a few minutes). I am so glad I don't work in retail anymore. I might pop over to my parents' house later for leftover food (and more apple pie!) and to visit with my sister before she leaves.

I know what I am getting two people for Xmas...my mom is getting a nice set of wineglasses and I'm going to get my sister the KAF cookbook that my mom got for me. I have two cookbooks I could never live without: The Joy of Cooking and the KAF Cookbook. They are both amazing and every single recipe I have ever tried from either of them has come out delicious. I am also going to get her this neat cookbook holder I saw. Now that she has her own apartment, I can get her things for it. I need to go visit her for the weekend. She has asked me a couple of times but I have been swamped with work. Next month definitely won't work so I'm going to try and take a vacation day or two and go visit her in January.

And can I just add that I still love my hair. Yesterday, it curled perfectly with no frizz. It was like a Thanksgiving day miracle. The other day, I straightened it and I really liked the way it looked. Thankfully, the reddish tint has mostly washed out. When I get the color retouched I need to tell her to use a cool color so I don't get the auburn. I looked like Bozo the clown for the first couple of days after I had it done so I am glad it has tempered down a bit.

I suppose I should shower and go do my recycling and deposit my paycheck. But that means getting up off the couch...

No comments:

Post a Comment