Sunday, May 19, 2013

Just watched this fascinating movie called "Hungry for Change." It comes right on the heels of "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" which was recommended to me by J. Now, I know that I can't do a juice fast like Joe did in "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead." Not unless I can juice Tastykakes, which just doesn't work. But, watching "Hungry for Change" made me realize just how much processed foods I really do eat. I always thought my eating habits were pretty healthy because I would eat a big salad for lunch and try to eat a variety of vegetables with a carb and lean protein for dinner. However, I am still ingesting tons of processed foods every day. From my can of mixed nuts to the salad dressing to my Asian trail mix (that I am completely addicted to...it has wasabi peas in it for crying out loud!) I eat so much more processed food than I thought. I realized this is probably why I have been unable to successfully drop the 15-20 pounds of fat I want to get rid of. I am so happy I signed up for the CSA at work so I get a load of fresh vegetables every week. I need to replace the processed food I eat with real food!

No comments:

Post a Comment