Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Really short run today, only 2.1 miles. I went short because I was wearing my new sneakers and I am working on breaking them in. I didn't want to do a long distance, get 3 miles from home and be stuck in uncomfortable footwear. They did pretty good. I ran quite slow, 26 minutes. Bleh. But I have to stop being so hard on myself and remind myself that I will not be faster every time I run and that I am still lapping everyone on the couch. I have been working really hard on eating more and eating healthy and I have lost about 1/4" off my waist in the past week. Just need to keep working at it and think about what I am eating before I put it in my mouth. What I really need to do is watch my bored eating and my portion sizes. I need to ask myself if what I am about to eat is going to help me reach my goal of 135 pounds.

Well, now that I am done dinner I am going to hop in the shower then read and head to bed. I am trying to get to bed early again so I can get up and work out. Thankfully I put my foot down at the store and told them I can only do three shifts at the most each week. Four shifts was killing me because I had no time to work out, have a social life or even do stuff around the house because if I wasn't working, I was too tired to do anything.

Also, I am super excited because my CSA starts next week. Fresh veggies, herbs and fruit all summer!!! My friend J had the superb idea of not just freezing veggies but of making meals, such as lasagna, and then freezing that. She is just so full of great ideas like that. She is also a huge inspiration to me because she has the biggest, most giving heart of anyone I have ever met. One day I hope I can be more like that because I feel pretty closed off most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment