Friday, May 17, 2013
So I took a nice long run today. 7km in 60 minutes. It equals out to almost 4.5 miles, certainly the longest and furthest I have ever run. There is something so amazing about knowing I can run for an hour without stopping. I really did take my time too, running at about a 13m/mile pace. My sister says I am really hard on myself and I am. I used to feel that I shouldn't bother to run if I am not going to improve my time each time I run. However, I have realized that just because I don't run faster each time doesn't mean I'm not improving. Plus, the book I am reading says to do one long run each week at a slower pace, which is what today was. I really am excited though because I walked for a little bit and warmed up and when I was done running, my legs didn't hurt and though I needed Paco (my inhaler) I wasn't really quite out of breath. I just love how running makes me feel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment