Saturday, May 11, 2013

Two sixty hours weeks in a row culminating into this weekend, where I am scheduled to work at the store both today and tomorrow. The manager knows I am displeased with the schedule. I don't mind working an 8 or even a 10 hour shift because it is Mother's Day weekend. However, one of the stipulations I put forth when I started this job was that I would only work one weekend shift each week. This means I go from working this past Monday to this coming Friday with no break. There are two saving graces. Okay, actually three. First, I had all last weekend off. That definitely helps. Second, I took this coming Friday off of both jobs so I have that to look forward to. Third, I really get along great with my coworkers at both jobs so it does make it a little easier. Although I think sometimes the people at the store tend to forget that I work a whole other FULL TIME job. For example, I will admit I was bitching to one of the full time girls at the store about how I had to work all weekend. Her response was, "Well we all do because it is Mother's Day." What I wanted to say (but didn't) was, How many days off this week did you have though because I have had ZERO. But I am getting better about using the little tact button in my brain. I know no job and no coworkers are ever going to be perfect. Plus, I know I am completely burnt out right now. Between the two jobs, family obligations, church obligations, training for my next race and basically just taking care of myself day in and day out with the cleaning, laundry, cooking, grocery shopping, paying bills, etc., I am EXHAUSTED. It really only just hit me a couple of weeks ago even though I have been going like this since last July. And this, people, is why I don't think I ever want kids. That shit is 24/7. You don't get vacations. If your kid is up sick at 2am, guess what? You are up with them. Though my jobs do get exhausting at least I can take time off. You don't ever get a day off if you are a parent unless you leave your kids with someone trustworthy. My sister and I had this discussion a few days ago about if we want kids. We both came to the same conclusion that we frankly just don't want the responsibility of kids. I have the cats and they are more than enough for me to take care of. I don't know if I even want a dog anymore because they require more attention. Plus, if we are being completely honest here, neither of us want to gain weight and lose our figures to have a baby. Maybe that sounds really shallow but in the past five and a half years, I have worked my ass off to get the point where I am now where I have lost 40 pounds and have been able to maintain my weight. Plus, I am still trying to lose at least 10 more pounds of fat and gain muscle. I see what happens to women that have babies. They gain weight and then they let themselves go and before they know it they are going out in public wearing sweatpants, Crocs and a shirt with baby spit up on it. HELL NO. The only time I ever even wear sneakers in public is if I am running or on my way to or from the gym. The other day I will admit, I wore a pair of sports shoes and yoga pants to the post office but that is where I draw the line. Maybe I am shallow or vain or whatever but I don't care. I think having children is one of the biggest decisions in a person's life and not to be taken lightly. My sister and I also both said that maybe if we found the right guys, we would change our minds but at this point, neither of us really want kids. The funny thing too is when I used to see kids when I was out and about I would think they were so cute and adorable and I would always hold babies and stuff. Now, I am completely ambivalent when it comes to children. I mean, I will talk to them but I really don't care one way or the other. Unless they are little assholes. Then I don't like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment