Sunday, October 9, 2011



 I was talking to my mom on Thursday (we had dinner at Panera) and I was telling her I wasn't sure if I should go away for the weekend because I had so much to do at home and at work. She encouraged me to take the weekend off and said, "When was the last time you went away for something that wasn't work related?" So, I packed up my overnight bag and went.

I am so glad I went because I had a fantastic time. The weather was perfect the entire time. The shipyard is gorgeous...all boats as far as the eye can see, plus a nice little shopping area with a cinema and a couple of restaurants. Pretty much anything that we needed was within walking distance.

There was an amazing sunset on Saturday night and we had dinner (and beers, of course) at Beerworks. Today, we visited a retired cruiser, the USS Salem. We got pictures of the outside of the boat but they stopped doing tours in September so we couldn't go on. After that, I walked around town for an hour or so, then sat on the deck and read for a couple of hours. After that, I scraped bird poop off the windows and Windexed them and polished all of the railings. It's not just fun and games...you have to work when you are on a boat. Didn't get home until close to 8pm but it was worth it. I am nice and relaxed. I can't wait to go back next weekend!

Here are a few pictures I took:











USS Salem




USS Salem
My one bag...impressive, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment