Saturday, January 25, 2014

Just had a complete epiphany about my dating life thanks to an interesting article I read. Basically, there are two kinds of women: Low Hanging Fruit and Women Who Wait. In essence, low hanging fruit are the women who put out without making a man work for it while the women who wait, well, they wait. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a Woman Who Waits, which can make dating a lot harder because let's face it, most men are only after one thing. Because there are many women who are low hanging fruit out there, men go for them instead of realizing that if they had climbed to the top of the tree, they would have gotten a nice, shiny apple (me!).

This also solves the mystery of the past two guys I dated. Things seemed to be going well and then all of a sudden they both sort of up and vanished. My belief is that they were waiting to see if I was low hanging fruit and they realized I wasn't. They then found someone else who was. Sure, it hurt my feelings at the time but if all a man is interested in is sex, then I have zero desire to be with someone like that.

This is a life changer for me. I always felt like there was something wrong with me because I am perpetually single and have a hard time finding guys to date. I would see these women that always seemed to have boyfriends. They would break up with one then a month or two later have a different boyfriend. I finally came to the realization that a) these were not quality men they were dating and b) there was a reason why they would find men so easily and I couldn't. And this epiphany is the reason why. I am more than just a good time, more than an easy lay. And because I respect myself, I refuse to allow myself to be that low-hanging fruit. I won't change who I am to find a man. If I am single the rest of my life so be it but I will have my self-esteem intact.

Here is the article: http://www.datingwithoutdrama.com/men-and-the-myth-of-the-low-hanging-fruit-why-it-pays-to-be-the-woman-who-waits-for-sex/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment