Anyway, I have had a remarkably productive weekend. I woke up early yesterday and did my grocery shopping. Came home and put on a vat of Sunday gravy and let that sucker cook all day. The condo smelled amazing. It was the best gravy I have made yet. Then last night I made eggplant parmigiana and whole wheat penne to go with the sauce. It was heavenly. I also popped a batch of brownies in the oven. They came out a little dry but if I eat them with a cup of coffee (or ice cream!) it should be just fine. I also whipped up a batch of fresh salsa to have with the chicken tacos I am making for dinner tonight. Can't wait to taste that...hello fresh cilantro! So while everything was cooking, baking or marinading I cleaned the condo.
This morning I had breakfast with a friend then came home and marinated my chicken for my tacos. I am a believer in simple things so I just did an olive oil/fresh lime juice/salt/pepper marinade and let the chicken sit for 30 minutes while I sauteed up the vegetables. I popped the chicken on my George Foreman grill for about 12 minutes and it came out so tender and delicious. I like to use lemons or limes to marinade because it really helps tenderize the meat. Can't wait for chicken tacos tonight after work.
I really need to find a man that loves to eat as much as I love to cook (and eat myself!). I have come to the conclusion that even if I don't lose another pound, I love food too much to starve myself to lose weight. I am going to continue going to the gym and eating healthy (most of the time) but I refuse to give up foods I love and eating well to fit into a size 6. That just isn't who I am and it certainly isn't the way my body was designed.
On a side note, my quads are on effing fire. I hadn't been to the gym in 3 weeks because of illness, holidays, work, etc. so Thursday I went in for leg day. Holy crap. All I did were squats, plie squats, hip abductor, calf presses and two sets of leg presses in addition to a few ab exercises. You would have thought I was in the gym for 3 hours for as sore as my legs were yesterday. Today is slightly better since I can actually pick stuff up off the floor that I dropped yesterday and go up and down stairs without too much trouble.
No comments:
Post a Comment