I have now been up for 14 1/2 hours and I am not tired. It's the oddest thing. I even tried to lay down around 5:30 am this morning, thinking I could squeeze in a couple of hours of sleep. No go. I got up after 10 minutes.
The good news is, I have been so productive today. After I did my workout and got in the shower, I hit the garden club plant sale in town. I got some great flowers, then dropped them off at home and stopped for a nice breakfast of eggs and bacon at the country store. After breakfast, I hit the Farmer's Market and got more flowers. I also picked up some farm fresh asparagus, which I will be sauteing this evening in a little olive oil and having with my pasta. Yum! I have also heard some people grill asparagus, so I will have to try that one of these times.
At any rate, I am very pleased with my flowers. It took some time, but I got them all into their containers. I am doing a little container garden again this year and if all goes well, next year I'm stepping up to vegetables. I am really excited because tomorrow is the Farm Fest and there are going to be tons of vendors there, so I can get even more stuff. Today, I also picked up basil and oregano. There is nothing in the world like stepping out to the porch and picking one of those to cook with. Nothing beats fresh seasonings.
I am so excited to have a container garden again. I posted pictures below.
No comments:
Post a Comment